Bernard Manning Dead.

Softus said:
I don't subscribe to the proposition that the dead deserve any more, or less, respect than the living. BM chose to behave the way he did in public, and did so consistently, not as an episode of human error or a temporary aberration.

Notwithstanding all that, my first post on this topic had nothing to do with his private life, family, or personality. I thought I'd made that clear. I'm pleased that he can no longer peddle his vile stage act and tell his hideous jokes, which, BTW, included poking fun at the dead.

Edit: I just re-read Craig's post, which reminded me of the other reason I had no respect for him when alive, being that he wasn't capable of being the butt of a joke himself. Not an appealing trait in any human being, let alone a professional comedian. Or was he just putting on the character of a gigantic hypocrite?

Softus, that is your opinion and your entitled to it, i suppose we will have to simply view this situation from different perspectives and leave it at that.

On a personal note, I would like to add that whilst I do not always agree with what you post, and I know that is mutual, I do appreciate the fact that your capable of logical argument, which seems to be a rare commodity online these days. I do like the fact that lately you seem to have allowed more humour into your posts, and I would say continue the trend, it does you justice.

Sponsored Links
Fair play Stulz. Respec' innit.

I don't recall disagreeing with you before (a failure of memory for which I apologise), but I look forward to doing so next time. ;)

Stulz wrote about Softus:
On a personal note, I would like to add that whilst I do not always agree with what you post, and I know that is mutual, I do appreciate the fact that your capable of logical argument, which seems to be a rare commodity online these days.
Could be true, of course, but it doesn't mean he's not a self-obsessed loudmouthed, pillock :LOL:

MW

megawatt said:
On a personal note, I would like to add that whilst I do not always agree with what you post, and I know that is mutual, I do appreciate the fact that your capable of logical argument, which seems to be a rare commodity online these days.
Could be true, of course, but it doesn't mean he's not a self-obsessed loudmouthed, pillock :LOL:

MW

I for one will second that

Sponsored Links
megawatt said:

MW

That, of course is your opinion. I do not spend enough time on here to really judge anyone, I take things on a post by post basis. We all have good days and bad days and I learnt many years ago not to take the written word to seriously as it often fails to convey the true intent of the author as it lacks the visual queues that converstaion has in the form of body language and gesters etc.

On a broader note though, I think there are a few "personalities" on this forum that could occasionaly be described as you have MW.

But that being the case, personal attacks are best left alone as it only feeds the ego's of those your attacking and leaves them feeling even more superior than they did before, which is why I never do it. I feed pets and myself, the wife and the kids, but never someones ego!

Stulz said:
megawatt said:

MW

That, of course is your opinion. I do not spend enough time on here to really judge anyone, I take things on a post by post basis. We all have good days and bad days and I learnt many years ago not to take the written word to seriously as it often fails to convey the true intent of the author as it lacks the visual queues that converstaion has in the form of body language and gesters etc.

On a broader note though, I think there are a few "personalities" on this forum that could occasionaly be described as you have MW.

But that being the case, personal attacks are best left alone as it only feeds the ego's of those your attacking and leaves them feeling even more superior than they did before, which is why I never do it. I feed pets and myself, the wife and the kids, but never someones ego!

Very true stulz :!: could not have put it better myself. There are one or two on this forum who think they are a law unto their selfs who cannot give a simple answer to a simple question :evil: you know who are,that is all, jim

Softus wrote

I just knew this day was going to be a good one.

Bernard Manning's class of humour required little more skill than turd grading, and had far less value.

As soon as he has a grave I'll make a date to go and dance on it.

Then he wrote

I don't subscribe to the proposition that the dead deserve any more, or less, respect than the living.

Hypocrite or what ?

At least with Softus you know what you're going to get and its quite obvious to everyone that 95% of everything he says is done for effect and to provoke a response.

As long as you understand that his posts can be tolerably amusing :LOL:

I don't do anything to provoke a response, and what I post is always honest and genuine (except when clearly for comic effect). Often, but not always, my intent is to provoke thought.

If you respond thoughtfully then I don't care whether or not you agree with me.
If you respond thoughtlessly then....well, that speaks for itself.

Sponsored Links
Back