Best 30kw Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm in the process of having a new boiler installed after a disastrous 12 years with Baxi 105Ei. To compound the misery I've had to rip out all the old CH piping because I used the no barrier Hep2o which literally corroded my system.

I've re-piped everything, put new radiators in, and just need to choose a suitable boiler. Obviously there is a myriad of choice, but I've been pointed towards a Main 30kw. I've not heard of these before but apparently they are a pretty good valve reliable boiler. My flow rate is 13 lt/min so I want something that has a good hot water output, and can heat 11 rads.

I'd say my budget is approx £1400 for the boiler and associated bits i.e flue RF timer, magna clean, pipe, fittings etc

I'd really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
MAIN arent really known for their quality and reliability!

I would personally go for the vaillant ecotec plus 831.

Do you realise that Main are the budget brand name of Baxi ???

Tony

I would second TCC Heating and put in the Vaillant he has recommended.
Very good boiler with 7 yr warranty if fitted by an approved contractor, 5 years as standard. You've said you're going to fit a Magnaclean. That is an absolute must in my book.

Sponsored Links
Yes I did realise that Main are the budget arm of Baxi, but I've still heard good things of them. How does the Worcester Bosch 30 CDI compaire to the vailant?

Thanks for your time guys.

I'd go witth baxi, the duotec/platinums are good value and reliable. Ideal logic/ vouge are nice. If budgets tight, Main, potterton. There are a lot of boilers from baxi that are basically duotecs rebadged. Wouldn't bother with the expense of a Vaillant or the likes of plastic fantasic Worcester.

But don't listen to me..... I own an ideal :LOL:

Yes I did realise that Main are the budget arm of Baxi, but I've still heard good things of them. How does the Worcester Bosch 30 CDI compaire to the vailant?

Thanks for your time guys.

There is no comparison!

Don't let anyone fool you into buying a wooster bosch.

If you went for a wooster. You would just be helping to pay towards their advertising budget, for what is actually a substandard and outdated product ;)

MAIN arent really known for their quality and reliability!

I would personally go for the vaillant ecotec plus 831.

Complete rubbish!! While the Main is a bit on the large side & not very pretty, they are design well, with little or no plastic in them, unlike the Gerry Tupperware boilers & are half the price.

Most budget boilers are now fantastic value, installer & commissioned correctly into a system that's as clean as Nun's knickers there's every chance they'll outlast something that's got far too many complex controls & full of plastic!!

The Ideal Logic range are excellent also, simple to install & basic controls.

Many thanks for the varied responses. I've decided to go with an Idea Vogue 32kW which comes with a full 10 years part & labour guarantee.

Before you dive in and get an Ideal, carry out a little research on the warranty service. There's plenty of feedback online and some manufacturers, regardless of how long the cover, have a less than satisfactory track record on response times and repairs. I've always fitted Baxi Duotecs, and have never had a problem with them. For the money, they are a no brainer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back