Best filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What do you reckon is the best filler to use on walls that are just generally uneven due to being old and having the wall paper stripped

Thanks

Sponsored Links
none, as they all have flaws i.e. blister or fail or loose adhesion. This is due to so many materials that have been used on one wall !

as above, so reskimm is the best option. however I have just bought my first house and am redecorating every room and certainly cant afford to reskimm them all (or any!). i am in the process of: plastering the really bad bits, belt sanding the bad bits, filling the other bits with wickes interior filler (the stuff that comes as a powder that you mix yourself), then i will paint with matt emulsion so that the lining paper takes to all of the wall in the same way, then I'll lining paper and paint.

Im not expecting things to be perfect, but a lot better than they were!

ahhh the sounds of 'gyproc easy fill' being smeared on the walls.....lol; its the best good bodge stuff to use, if u cant afford a plasterer to do it properly; ull have to sand the walls smooth, get covered in dust including the dog, wife will slit ur thraot when she comes back from shopping to discover the house is full of dust, n ull get ill breathin the dust in ,mask or not. its up 2 u. :)

Sponsored Links
price it right! said:
discover the house is full of dust
that is no understatement, a closed door doesnt stop the dust!! my car is covered (inside and out) aswell now!!

mann..rofl....whooooooooooooa.
dont forget to size ur walls after u vac all the dust up, other wise it turns to gluey poridge if it gets wet. lol gd luck.

n1 ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back