Best gigs you've ever been to?

I

imamartian

Ok, so what's the best concert/gig you've attended?

my early memories are the first two donnington festivals... and then last year's download.... great weather...and some good bands...

But individually, i think seeing Rush in Brum was a highlight.

My dream gig is still hoping Led Zep will make a last reformation effort...

Sponsored Links
I'd have to say Iron Maiden at the NEC when I was 13.. only because it's the only gig I've ever been to..

Jacques Loussier was good.
Evgeny Kissen was out of this world.

Loads, but a few spring to mind :
Black Sabbath at the East Ham Granada in about 1970
Deep Purple at the Romford Odean in about 1971
Aussie Pink Floyd at the Royal Albert Hall a couple of years ago

Sponsored Links

are you tired dex? did you slump onto your keyboard halfway through typing that?

/losudbf at the LG arena, and odzufvbuzfdbv live at wembley !

are you tired dex? did you slump onto your keyboard halfway through typing that?

Ok then - er saw Brotherhood of Man at a Haven holiday caravan park a couple of years ago. Or, stayed at the last drop hotel in bromley cross, bolton, and saw (one of the) Drifters live on stage in the conference room.

So, get more hip that that big man :LOL: :LOL:

Have to agree about the Rush concert, saw them in Brum for their 30th and it was just absolutely amazing, how just three blokes can make that much sound and so good is almost unbelievable. didn't Peart look shattered after the drum solo though.
Once saw at the other end of the musical spectrum The Wurzels at the Dorset Steam Fair and they were excellent too, maybe not for the music but they were such good fun. They all came on with glasses of cider and were obviously not sober, one dropped his trousers and there wasn't a dry eye in the house (or tent to be correct).

Saw Michael Buble at the o2 arena last year - brilliant show.
Also, Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds

I am not a big fan, but I saw Rod Stewart in 83, I'll take my hat of to the performer.
But Simple Minds did a good set at wembley in 1986, what I remember of it.

The Who, when they played the Bristol City stadium in June 2006. A warm June evening made it.

Also;
ZZ Top in Cologne
Stranglers in Bristol
Stones at old Wembley Stadium
Gary Glitter at NEC :eek: :eek:
Quo at NEC

The ones I misssed;

Stones in Czech Republic 3 yrs ago - Keith Richards fell out of tree
Gene Pitney - he died the night before due to see him. Poor sod died in Cardiff!!!! FFS

Have to agree about the Rush concert, saw them in Brum for their 30th and it was just absolutely amazing, how just three blokes can make that much sound and so good is almost unbelievable. didn't Peart look shattered after the drum solo though.
Woman of my own heart...(if ladylola is a girl?!!!) what a band.... and did you notice on Britains got talent that Keiron (the boy drummer) started off with pearts drum solo?

a charity gig i helped organise at the Queen vic Wolverton over 10 years ago. the finest bunch of local indy bands came and played for free all night. that winker Ross Kemp said he'd turn up, but didn't. even got whispering Bob to plug it on radio 2

Where do I begin ...? ...

Chuck Berry .... Festival Hall .... Melbourne.

Fleetwood Mac ... Western Sproings .... Aukland.

Peter Frampton .... Western Springs ...Aukland.

Pink Floydd ... Perth ....W.A.

Plant and Page ... Entertainment Center ... Brisbane.

Steely Dan .. Jazz Festival ... Stuttgart

Jethro Tull ... Baden Baden ....

I only go to see musicians I like and this is only a short list.

I love music.

Plant and Page ... Entertainment Center ... Brisbane.
Jethro Tull ... Baden Baden ....

wathcing page/plant unledded now, and just finished watching 'Tull on the Isle of White before that...

Will you marry me? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back