Best glue to fixing skirting boards

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been using Gripfill, but it's a bit messy, doesn't flow easy and the gun always seems to break the tube.

Have used foam before, but if it expands more, the whole thing comes off the wall.

So, what else should I try? Need to glue some sections as on insulated wall. Not tried fixings - are those hammer fixings best?

Sponsored Links
I use Sticks Like, and seems to be fine.

Foam will also work, but you fit it, wait a few minutes then pull it off, and re-fit and it won't push away anymore

Gorilla Grip, CT1, Stixall, Sticks Like are all good adhesives and part of the same polymer family of adhesives. None are afraid of water unlike some of the solvent types or the silicone types.

Gorilla Grip, CT1, Stixall, Sticks Like are all good adhesives and part of the same polymer family of adhesives. None are afraid of water unlike some of the solvent types or the silicone types.

The first 2 you mention are a load more expensive though. They are good, but maybe overkill for this type of work unless you get an exceptional deal?

Sponsored Links
The first 2 you mention are a load more expensive though. They are good, but maybe overkill for this type of work unless you get an exceptional deal?
Not on CT1 no. I can't really comment on how they pit against each other only that they are all only as good as the surfaces to which they attach.

The cheapest "£1.50 a tube " generic stuff from anywhere will stick it no problem.

The cheapest "£1.50 a tube " generic stuff from anywhere will stick it no problem.
I've found the rubbery ones work OK but some of the cheap adhesives have a kinda chalky texture and don't seem to stick at all well to anything (unfortunately there's no way to tell which kind it is beforehand!). That's why I've swapped to foam.

£1.12 a tube stuff from Toolstation is good enough to take the skim off if you ever need to remove them. But I always use it more as a filler and mechanically fix as well.

I've always used a conservative amount of sticks like in combination with mechanical fixings spaced as required. Admittedly it's a must in my place where not a single wall is straight but even on plasterboard walls I put the odd screw through into the framing timber behind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back