Best mixer shower with gravity feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have about five metres of head and the cold and hot on the sink next to the shower have plentiful flow but the present shower is pathetic even with the head removed. (Italian, forget the brand, controls look like the ones on the Lidl device currently on sale but the guts are buried in the wall).

So I want to replace it. Assuming the poor flow is because I am at the borderline for use of gravity, which model will restrict the flow least? I plan to get a thermostatic one without a built-in pump.

Sponsored Links
Mira 88 is OK on about 2 metres head (my parents'!). Others of similar spec should be fine too.

I dont know if the old style 88's are available. I fitted one of the latest 88,s last week & it very similar to the excel now & to be honest its not easy to fit compared with the older model. Now fit Aqualisa 609 21 biv. very easy to fit with a quality head,hose & rail.

Sponsored Links
sirruss ts1850 just fitted one with pump, need'nt have bought a pump its real strong with pump turned off with 22mm feed to it, could of saved £120 anyway this shower control was about £130 looks good flush mounted and is availible through screwfix or check out web site www.sirrusshowers.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back