Best oil protection for an Ash breakfast bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

What's the best oil protection for ash. It's a brekky bar, but I don't really want a varnish finish, quite like the look and feel of oiled. Was thinking of using teak and just posted a Q on that but then thought that maybe it's not the best oil??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
most oil finishes work great stay away from totally natural oils like linseed ,theres nothing wrong with them but theyre just a bit slow to use the more modern oils go off a lot quicker

I've since researched that standard oils also make ash/lighter woods turn yellow though. Has to have a bleach or white pigment in it to retain the lighter colour, is this right...?

bleaching is a process that lightens the wood, there is lot of very strong and dangerous chemicals in the process and a lot of washing off, I wouldnt do it indoors and also wouldn't do it without safety training and the right safety equipment,white pigment in varnish gives a sea washed weathered look,most finishes affect the natural look of timber

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back