Best paint for stairs, landing and main bedroom?

I've just skimmed through this thread and spotted that nobody seems to have picked up on the fact mentioned in your OP that you are applying paint to a new plaster skim. Remember that you should mist coat the bare plaster with a diluted coat of matt emulsion first and then continue with whichever of the LG products you decide to use.

I only wanted to mention this because, if you intend to use the LG paint for misting straight onto the new plaster, you will use a lot more than you expect. It is far cheaper to use a white contract matt for misting and then go on to use the better quality product to finish with, saving paint and money.

Hope I haven't interfered too much.

mrH :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. Its really hard to judge to amount if paint needed as there's lots of funny shaped walls. Its a medium sized mid terrace with a set of stairs, a small landing, then a small set of stairs, then the double attic bedroom.

You're welcome.

You can always start with a 5 litre can, see how far it goes, then gauge how much more (if any you need) and get a second lot (2.5 or even 1 litre tin). Gowallpaper usually deliver next day if you order in the morning.

Delivery is free for orders over £50. Or as dcedc says, try Brewers, although they are marginally dearer and you have to collect it yourself (time, petrol cost, etc).

Sponsored Links
I've just skimmed through this thread and spotted that nobody seems to have picked up on the fact mentioned in your OP that you are applying paint to a new plaster skim. Remember that you should mist coat the bare plaster with a diluted coat of matt emulsion first and then continue with whichever of the LG products you decide to use.

I only wanted to mention this because, if you intend to use the LG paint for misting straight onto the new plaster, you will use a lot more than you expect. It is far cheaper to use a white contract matt for misting and then go on to use the better quality product to finish with, saving paint and money.

Hope I haven't interfered too much.

mrH :)

Well spotted Mr H!

Any cheap, non-vinyl contract matt is what's needed for that - Dulux are doing one at about £14 for 10 litres atm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back