best Part P tester

Goldie

I think you may be confused between notifying work and certifying work.

BS7671 states words to the effect to being competent in terms of inspection & testing. So if you have knowledge of I&T amd electrical qualifications you should be able to certify your own work i.e. EIC, PIR & MWC, but not self certify work w.r.t Part P of building regs.

Sponsored Links
hi, all electrical work carried out should conclude with t and i and a cert issued. For dom nic assessment you need to show one minor works job which the inspector will expect to see a cert completed by you as there is no reason it shouldn't be. the second job should be a major works. which again you could have completed the eic and paid labc fees to notify and conform to part p if the work was notifiable.

Ok.

I have notified the LABR of all notifiable work.

What I am still confused about is my position in testing and inspecting my own work, up until this thread all advice and info given to me has stated I am not able to issue certificates until I've registered myself with a Part P governing body i.e NICEIC or NAPIT.

I don't have an issue with using the equiptment or testing my work.

So I need to fill out a certificate for every job I complete?

An electrical certificate needs to be issued with all electrical work to comply with BS7671, until you are a member of Napit or NICEIC you cannot use their members forms, (you can use the green NIC forms or those published in the regs)

Sponsored Links
you can download a copy of certs minor works eic and pir from the IET website. Goldie what jobs are you showing them mate? if there are jobs that were not notifiable have you filled out a minor work? he will want to see it. T and I is what makes a spark a spark. Cowboys dont test.
On your 2330 level 3 you got shown how to test not to get you ready for Part P. Part p is just building regs document. no different than the building reg for having you windows changed.

OK news to me, so a huge thank you for the clarification.

So all work other than notifiable, I can test and issue a standard certificate?

I do test all my work, I've just not been filling out the certificates because I didn't think I was autorised to.

I've just rang 3 college friends and asked them about their understanding of the certificate situation and they were all under the same impression, so I'm guessing this misinformation was learned from the college.

Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

You can use the standard forms. If you do not issue a certificate you cannot comply with the iee regs.

Tell me about it mate,
Its been doing my head in,

I have had so many problems from my local council it is unreal,

My jobs are a new CU and an outside light,

Lucky for me they have been done at family homes, so i can do anything i need to do prior to the assessment

so how have you notified labc mate. Did you get someone to fill a cert in for you and notify.

I paid the LABR to check it and issue a cert,

Though my aunt has had three different people round, one come round and it sounds like he did a full inspection, trying to get a full house rewire out of it,

one come round, looked at it and said yer that looks ok, didn't even do anything, and said he wasn't going to give her a cert, god knows why.

the other told her she had no bonding

Still to this day she has no cert

So it is easier to do it all myself

I would say fill in your own as well show him that one. The work as been notified not that i think he will ask that. And by showing him a completed cert filled in by yourself you are showing him what he is after. And he will ask to you to test the install and if the results the other company produced on the cert are wrong it will not look very good.

well they never gave her a cert so he cant compere it,

can you send me the link for the free forms,

many thanks to everyone for your help,

oh? just reread it so you are saying that the labc sent some one to check it 3 times ? no bonding is that true.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back