Best Printer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got opinions on the best photo printer in the sub £100 bracket?

Liking Epson, I'm favouring the SX515W, but cons are that it's noisy and the print quality is not as good as rivals.

Any thoughts, please?

Sponsored Links
In "Which" the only best buy photo printer is the Canon Selphy CP780

I know nothing more.

ive heard some good reports on the kodak printer,

also remember the cost of the ink cartridges :rolleyes: hp for example are bloody expensive.

PC Pro magazine's current best cheap inkjet printer is the Canon Pixma iP4850. Available for £70-75 from various online retailers.
Ink cartridges are fairly cheap too - original Canon ones for under a tenner, other makes probably a lot less.

Sponsored Links
I agree with the Canon Selphy CP780 ..What do want to print?

10 pages a month, forget Forget Epson. I have HP wireless, but carts are pretty dear.

Kodak for cheapest inks with warranty, Or black and white Laser printer is cheapest without colour for running costs...

This isn't a helpful post, only a bitter one. All printers are rubbish!

Dishonest pricing, atrocious design, overly sensitive to humidity, poor build quality, manufacturer-forced number of sheets per cartridge/toner, manufacturer-forced expiry dates...

Yes, it's fantastic that we can print great things in our own office, but the shady business practices on everything under £800 that I've used leave a nasty taste in my mouth.

In that case, can I suggest that you don't suck the ink cartridges then?

SP: Have you got more Comet vouchers that you wish to spend? !! ;)

What is YOUR criteria: cheap start up costs, cheap consumables, best overall number of print pages per ink cartridge, quality of print, speed of print etc?

the top few "Which" Best Buy all-in-one printers (best first)

HP Photosmart Premium (C309g) £170
HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-one (C410/CQ521B) £105
Dell P713w £125
Dell P715w £130
Dell P513w £115

Best Buys from lower down the scale but below £100:
HP Photosmart All-in-one (B109a/Q8433B) £84
HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-one (B210/CN216B) £65
HP Photosmart Plus (B209a) £66

How did you guess?

What is YOUR criteria: cheap start up costs, cheap consumables, best overall number of print pages per ink cartridge, quality of print, speed of print etc?

Speed and print/scan quality, really.

Maybe they should be the other way round.

John D, thanks for the Which? best buys.

EDIT: Just looked some of these up.

Bit confused where the printers have two model numbers....

Also, C309G (some sites reckon) has been superceded by the CN503B.

The HP website is rubbish: it does not make it at all easy to compare their products. :cry:

Printers:good, Website:bad.

How did you guess?

ESP!!

Epson do some very good printers. When you say print / scan quality do you want Inkjet or Laser quality, do you want photo quality? Assuming inkjet photo quality have a look at the Epson Stylus Photo PHX720WD. Retails at about £150. Consumable costs are pretty respectable as well.

Sorry SP that is the one. I do not know where I got the 'H' from.

Sponsored Links
Back