best product for roof terace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

We have a roof terrace ( 8 x 5metres literally the footprint of the house and currently covered in felt with tiles over the top), and have noticed that it has started to leak leaving damp patches on our ceiling. We want to get the whole thing redesigned at the same time as replacing the roof, but i am at a loss as to which product to use.

We have considered nearly all of them including epdm, sarnafil, felt, fibreglass etc, however i am concerned about a) the general longevity of these products, b) how they will cope being walked on and c) how they would cope underneath grass or decking etc.

The plan is to have the area half covered with deck and half grass (either fake or real), and i am worried that with people walking on it quite a lot, that it will destroy or rip the membranes underneath.

Does anybody have any advice as to which products are best to be walked on, or work well in these type of roof terrace conditions?

Thanks ever so...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back