Best roof membrane to use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Joiner is due to build the frames of my 3 dormers on hip roof next week. He will make them temp. water tight with membrane, roofer was due to strip, re batten, re tile roof etc week after.

To cut a long story short, looks like i will have to attempt re roof myself.
So if anyone could suggest which type and make of roof membrane i should be laying i would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
Most breather felts do not 'seal' around the nail as with traditional bituminous felts and consequently can be prone to letting water in under heavy prolonged rainfall, until the roof is slated/tiled.

However there are a couple of breather felts on the market that do seal around the nail giving much better waterproofing qualities if the roof needs to be left exposed for any period, these are also particularly good for using on boarded roofs.

The one I would recommend is 'Proctor Roofshield' which we have used many times, the extra expense has been well worth it.

Regards
Jon

seconded - klober permo is excellent and reinforced..

Dont be tempted by budget breather membranes as they are like tissue paper, cromar vent 3 for example is awful.

Sponsored Links
Klober Permo Forte the best I reckon too. Make sure its the 'forte' and not 'eco-vent' though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back