Best Signal Wireless Thermostat - Boiler in Loft.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm looking to replace our room thermostat (a honeywell cm67) with a new wireless thermostat, as the current one was installed by previous owners with extremely ugly trunking which we'd like to remove.

I'm looking to either get a Honeywell 927 or a Siemens rev24rf as they seem to best in class. I would be happy with either of their programmable features. However with our boiler installed in the loft. The wireless signal needs to carry from the loft downstairs (so effectively 2 floors) into the lounge. Does anyone have experience of which thermostat has the strongest signal?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Just because the boiler is in the loft, it does not follow that the receiver also has to be in the loft. You could put it on the first floor with a cable through the ceiling.

The important thing is to check communication between receiver and control unit (in working location) before fixing receiver in position. The easiest way to do this is to power up the receiver (L and N only) with a longish lead plugged into a 3pin socket. You can then experiment to find the best position.

I have never had any trouble with my CM927 - control in the hall, receiver on first floor above the picture rail.

Never had a problem with my old CM927 or my current Vaillant stat, the receiver is tucked away in the airing cupboard; a good distance away from the control unit.

Sponsored Links
Just to finish this thread off. I installed a 927 in the loft today. The thermostat has no problem at all getting the signal from the loft. I was prepared to drill through to the airing cupboard below but no need :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back