Best telephone splitter for multiple Sky boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing 6 Sky boxes in a rack and need to connect them all to a BT line. Obviously I could simply daisy-chain ordinary splitters but is there a more professional way of connecting them up. Could I simply use a 4-way screw terminal block, or is there a wall-mounted connection box designed for routing a single line to multiple extensions in parallel that I could use?

Sponsored Links
Obvious solution to the wiring is to use 6 normal telephone sockets wired to the telephone side of a NTE 5 face plate splitter. This is one good quality filter serving all 6 sockets.

BUT there may be operational problems when 6 Skyboxes to share a single phone line unless they are designed to cope with two or more sharing a line. Have to ask Sky about that.

Is this domestic or commercial? The last commercial one I saw didn't need a phone line.

Sponsored Links
It's domestic - albeit large!

All boxes need to be on the same line (Sky complain if multiview boxes are on different lines as they suspect you might have them installed in physically different locations and are trying to get multipole subscriptions on the cheap).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back