Best tile cutter for around the £75 mark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be tiling the bathroom walls and floor plus the kitchen so I'm happy to invest in a half decent cutter.

Can anyone recommend one? I would go a bit higher if the quality was that much better.

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Dry or wet?
Format size?
Rubi rail cutters are normally a good option, but they can come in at a tasty price, but the "Rubi 50" seems to be an okay rail cutter at reasonable price, but would depend on the format of tiles you are cutting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpZkHpbnvKI
and the genesis super pro 600 would also be worth considering, a little above your budget though.

Dry or wet?
Format size?
Rubi rail cutters are normally a good option, but they can come in at a tasty price, but the "Rubi 50" seems to be an okay rail cutter at reasonable price, but would depend on the format of tiles you are cutting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpZkHpbnvKI
and the genesis super pro 600 would also be worth considering, a little above your budget though.

Dry or wet - I really don't know the pros and cons. Whichever gives the better finish.

Tiles will be porcelian, about 45x30x10 in the bathroom. Not bought the kitchen ones yet.

Will have a look at those, thanks. :)

Dry or wet - I really don't know the pros and cons. Whichever gives the better finish.
You really need both, dry for the quick and easy straight cuts and wet for tricky ones.
It would be difficult to get away with using only the one on a job and will be time consuming, would also need some nippers and a file.

Sponsored Links
You really need both, dry for the quick and easy straight cuts and wet for tricky ones.
It would be difficult to get away with using only the one on a job and will be time consuming, would also need some nippers and a file.

To be honest I have plenty of time, and hopefully patience, so whichever would suit me better.

My dad has an old 'dry' cutter and to be honest it left really jagged edges so I was leaning towards a wet cutter. Although it could just have been it's age and effectiveness I guess.

Rail cutter will save time and must cut edges can be hidden, the wet cutters helps with saving off tiles when they need tweaking and is useful for profiling non standard cuts. To me they are both a necessity.

Rail cutter will save time and must cut edges can be hidden, the wet cutters helps with saving off tiles when they need tweaking and is useful for profiling non standard cuts. To me they are both a necessity.

Thanks

Any suggestions for a wet cutter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back