Best to paint garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Basically long story short, I've had to sand off the blue plastic covering on my garage door as the previous owner (5 plus years) didn't remove it all and it had bonded to the door.

I've attached a photo graph, but my question is what type of paint do i need to restore the door?? Also the door to magnetic so i presume its Steel?

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
hi, my question was more about painting were i had sanded all the way to the steel as this is only some of the door.

Sponsored Links
Best to use a primer on the bare surfaces

Hammerite is what I would recommend and they do the primer and the garage door paint.

Just google it.

Their site comes with all the info you will need and it should only need the one coat after priming (I did say should....)

B

I found I needed two coats of the top coat....not that I've got round to doing the second yet...... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back