Best Tube General Adhesive Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not done any serious DIY for a while and always used Pink Grip or grip fill for general sticking stuff to other stuff, like skirting to wall or wooden battens to brick.
So what's new out there for me, I have used sticks like clear and white but there seems to be loads of offerings out there now like CT1.
Amongst other things I will be glueing stainless steel sheets to the side of a kitchen cabinet and also gloss PVC hygiene sheet. In the past I have used Evo stic impact adhesive.
I guess I am looking for 2 adhesives one for the flat sheets and one for general building.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I use stixall because of cost but any of the polymers will do everything now. I don't use no nails mastics now. Multi solve is useful for cleaning off polymer or spray and a gloved finger or tool to smooth off polymer

Not done any serious DIY for a while and always used Pink Grip or grip fill for general sticking stuff to other stuff, like skirting to wall or wooden battens to brick.
So what's new out there for me, I have used sticks like clear and white but there seems to be loads of offerings out there now like CT1.
Amongst other things I will be glueing stainless steel sheets to the side of a kitchen cabinet and also gloss PVC hygiene sheet. In the past I have used Evo stic impact adhesive.
I guess I am looking for 2 adhesives one for the flat sheets and one for general building.
Thanks
CT1 (y)

Ok CTI - 1 Stixall - 1:ROFLMAO:

I liked the way pink grip was instant grip for skirting I would allpy then pust the skirt in position then pul off and re apply and after that you would struggle to pull it off again by hand also when it has cured which is very quick it was rock hard. How does stixall and CT1 compare

Sponsored Links
I can't tell the difference. It's all good.
I've used both.
Maybe the CT1 has been lab tested more and has better technical backup.
If I'm sticking skirting or plastic panels and using loads price matters.
If I'm just buying one tube for sticking something I never want to revisit then maybe CT1.

Great hands on help guys. Has anyone used the pink grip and grip fill that i mentioned. To compare against them

Pink grip was good especially on wood.
Failed on skirting stuck to masonry as it don't like dusty surfaces. It's very hard and brittle which can be a problem.
Still has it's uses but I don't see the pallet loads of it on sale now

I've used gripfill once, it was the solvent based version but I found it a bit dry/quick to skin over. For most jobs I use generic solvent free £1 a tube no-nails, I bought some used MDF skirting a few years ago that had been stripped out of an office refurb - it had been dabbed on with no nails, I had to hammer and chisel it (and the skim it had pulled off the wall) off - good enough for most jobs, especially if you have plenty of surface area to play with.

I've heard about the wonderful CT1, but £13.75 a tube!!! I'd definitely consider it if I had some structural steelwork to stick together.

Stixall is £6.49 at Toolstation and don't forget top cashback

Polymer sticks to wet surfaces which is a huge benefit

I've used gripfill once, it was the solvent based version but I found it a bit dry/quick to skin over. For most jobs I use generic solvent free £1 a tube no-nails, I bought some used MDF skirting a few years ago that had been stripped out of an office refurb - it had been dabbed on with no nails, I had to hammer and chisel it (and the skim it had pulled off the wall) off - good enough for most jobs, especially if you have plenty of surface area to play with.

I've heard about the wonderful CT1, but £13.75 a tube!!! I'd definitely consider it if I had some structural steelwork to stick together.
I know what you mean - been there myself with a hammer and chisel and getting half way and wishing I had spared myself the hassle and bought new timber instead. Yes the gripfill and pink grip fill did skin over and espically when fixing a long piece of skirting you haved to be very quick thats why I used the push on and pull off tecnique

So stixall seems to be the one then - does it dry hard or is it still flexible. Example today refurbishing my kitchen there is a 1/4 brick size hole to fill in a wall before skimming - now if I had some pink grip I would grab that and glue a small peice of brick in there instead of mixing up a tiny pot of cement. I know the pink grip would dry rock hard but what about stixall, my worry is that if it does not harden and is still felexable then I could end up with cracks there in my skimmed wall.

I stick all my plastering beads on with stixall. You have about an hour before it sets so you have a chance to adjust beads with your first skim. Game changer for me having tried everything from glue gun to tape. Staple gun. Nails. Screws etc.

No. Polymer is not rock hard. It's a cross between silicone and caulk and waterbased paint can be used over it no problems.

Yeah you could stick the brick in with it. Stick anything.
It's harder than silicone. It's a bit like tyre rubber when dry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back