Best vinyl flooring sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Would really appreciate some advice on silicone sealant.

I'm replacing the bathroom vinyl flooring and currently it's sealed adjoining the skirting with a quite hard white sealant, would like to use something of a similar texture as everything else I've tried is rubbery and peels... any ideas? Obviously it would need to be waterproof, mould resistant etc and preferably clear but white will do. If you can suggest a brand name that would be great, was planning on buying from ToolStation as I have some other things to buy there. Many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Vinyl cushion flooring should, ideally, be loose laid. There is no real need to silicone around its perimeter.
As you now realise it will cause a problem when the floor is next changed. The problem is that it is difficult to remove all traces of previous sealer and the new sealer will be reluctant to adhere to the old. if it does not stick properly then it will peel off and look unsightly.

Of course if you are fitting it yourself, the sealer will hide a poorly cut edge (no insult intended).

If you need to continue down the sealant route then any bathroom grade silicone will do (dont buy cheap, buy a good name like dow corning).
You will need to remove all traces of previous sealer first (not a nice job)

Good luck ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: r_c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back