best way to fit plasterboard sheet behind sink ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as the title says..
basically during the midst of putting a kitchen in I noticed the brickwork under the window/behind the sink was not in good nick, so I took that down and rebuilt, all good and well.
but now I am at the point where I want to fit some plasterboard to that section but not quite sure on how to..sounds daft I know..
but given there is a waste pipe there and stop tap on that wall do I cut the plasterboard into sections and fit around the pipes or is there a knack to doing this..

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Has the rest of the wall been plasterboarded and your trying to match the new, in to the old? Or has it been plastered properly?
If the wall has been plasterboarded (usually dot n dabbed) then you could possibly take the stop tap off the wall and slide the plasterboard down before re-fitting the stop tap. The waste pipe can be measured and a hole cut in the plasterboard for it to pass through before you fix the plasterboard. ;) ;)

Has the rest of the wall been plasterboarded and your trying to match the new, in to the old? Or has it been plastered properly?
If the wall has been plasterboarded (usually dot n dabbed) then you could possibly take the stop tap off the wall and slide the plasterboard down before re-fitting the stop tap. The waste pipe can be measured and a hole cut in the plasterboard for it to pass through before you fix the plasterboard. ;) ;)

hi there,
the rest of the walls in the kitchen were plastered but this particular section under the window didnt have anything...
and good idea bout taking the stop tap off, save alot of faffing about..lets hope I measure the waste pipe correctly before cutting the hole.. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If your dotting and dabbing the plaster board on to the wall, you can always cut the hole for the waste pipe slightly oversized then fill in after with any remaining driwall adhesive. ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back