Best way to improve my bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know nearly nothing about DIY. I can change a plug and that's about it! My bathroom is a bit old and run down.

I would like to make it a bit better, some of the issues are:

1) The bath, I don't think is acrylic as it feels rough and quite hard. It is stained slightly with red paint in one area which won't remove. It is also just a bit old looking

2) the tiles and white bits in between (Grout?) is a bit old. The tiles (white ones and blue ones) would wash easily but the grout looks well worn.

3) The laminate wooden flooring is noisy, e.g. you walk on it and it squeaks and makes a lot of noise.

4) the toilet is a bit old and I would love to replace it.

5) sink is a bit stained in places.

6) the window sill has clay tiles on which were painted white. A lot of the paint has come off. I assume I could just re-paint with special tile paint?

To summarise, it's a bit worn out and a bit dated. I can't afford a new bathroom (well I could but could never install it myself). I don't think I could tile myself, especailly around the toilet and sink as that would be quite difficult.

Any ideas for easily making the bathroom look better and newer (other than a good clean?)

Sponsored Links
you dont want to give it a good clean, you cant retile or fit a new bath, bog sink. Other than getting someone into do it for you i dont see what else can actually be done to improve it. Its a case of clean or replace really

hello, I would suggest replacing only a sink, or maybe buying the whole vanity cabinet withe the integrated basin :) this little change will make the whole bathroom look a lot batter, some cleaning of other parts added to it and I bet you will be surprised with the effect :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back