Best way to move light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to move a 3 gang light switch about 100mm to the side as it is about to be hidden behind a unit. I have no access under the floor above to rechase the wall so need to extend the cables. I am hoping to then leave existing back box and fit blank plate, access will be possible but difficult. What is the best/correct way of extending the 4 cables?

Many thanks,
Mark

Sponsored Links
you probably dont have a proper ratchet crimping tool, but as you are using a blanking plate (which is the right thing to do otherwise your cable will be outside of the safe zone) you can have a screwed terminal behind the blanking plate, use chock block, (but dont buy it from the pound shop or similar), no need to cover it in tape that just make it a pain later, likewise dont twist the wires just use the screw terminals as designed.

dont forget to sleeve the CPC (earths) with green/yellow stripes sleeving.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back