Best Way To Rectify This? ? ? (Pics Included)...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. We recently got a decorator in to paint the bedroom.

He did a good job but the work he did on the ceiling and the skirting boards doesnt look too great.

Im not great with painting hence the reason for getting a 'professional' in, however, what is the best way to rectify this? ? ?

Which brush would be good to make it look better? ? ? Is a bigger or smaller brush better for the areas in the pics? ? ?

Thanks.

DSCF1652.jpg

DSCF1651.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, i take it, it is ok to put masking tape on the skirting boards, and it wont fetch the paint off from underneath when you peel it off? ? ?

Sponsored Links
I don't care for masking tape. Best bet is a good quality brush and a steady hand. That work, btw, is complete rubbish.

Ok thanks.

Would a bigger brush or a smaller brush be better for getting a better line? ? ?

Yes, to be honest we aren't 100% happy with the work.

I find the best to be about 2", but a good brand. I find ANZA from B&Q to be pretty good.

the steady hand technique is of course better but you really need a bit of experience to do it well, easiest thing is decent low tack masking tape and take it off as soon as possible to avoid taking of the paint on the ceiling, as for the skirts assuming they are glossed? ie shiney thicker paint, the masking tape will never pull that off so go nuts.

The main problem with masking tape is the bleed under when the tape goes over a rough patch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back