Best / Worst brand of central heating systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to install a new gas central heating system in a 2 bed terraced house i have bought and was wondering if anyone can suggest a robust, reliable manufacturer to use, or alternatively brands that I should stay well clear of.
The property is in Ashford, Kent so if anyone knows of any good installation companies that would also be appreciated.

thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
in terms of combi-boilers, IF U GO FOR ONE, stay clear of Vaillant. It's the 1st German product I've bought + regretted it constantly. It's a 824E TurboMAX + has constant diverter valve screwup's.

Go for Worcester Bosch....i've heard there ok, + with everyone havin to use condensing boilers on new builds, u shud be able to get hold of cheaper combi's

in terms of combi-boilers, IF U GO FOR ONE, stay clear of Vaillant. It's the 1st German product I've bought + regretted it constantly. It's a 824E TurboMAX + has constant diverter valve screwup's.

what a load of cobblers
i have the first generation turbomax never misses been on the wall for 8 year and i have had to replace the diaphram

christ i woz well robbed :eek:

Go for Worcester Bosch....i've heard there ok, + with everyone havin to use condensing boilers on new builds, u shud be able to get hold of cheaper combi's

say again :eek: :?:

Sponsored Links
The Vaillant 824/828 series suffered from two major problems, a sticking diverter valve and a failing APS.

The diverter valve was redesigned and once replaced never gives any more trouble. They mostly failed from 1-3 years after installation.

The APS failed from 2-5 years and again they now have a redesigned unit. I usually offer the client a generic Honeywell APS which is much more reliable and half the price of the Vaillant part.

If you can strip out these two very unfortunate choices of poorly designed component then the boilers are otherwise generally well designed and reliable if properly installed.

Tony

to be frank, the honest answer is ask down the local part center which is what i did, what parts do you sell less for, it kind of gives an idea regards what doesnt break down that often.
the answer i got began with W

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back