Best Zoning Solution

The rads will often be on when the UFH is on e.g. when it's cold. What's the problem exactly?

Do you understand the concept of set-back?? Perhaps I should explain for the hard of thinking; A radiator system is time & temperature controlled OK? However, any UFH system should be set-back controlled on temperature only, so not timed - just temperature highs & lows. You don't want your radiators on during the night, but your UFH heating maybe on. Also, with UFH in some floor constructions, it may be set to go off set-back at 5.00am for the customer getting up at 7.00am.

So, never mix the two types of system on the one zone.

Sponsored Links
The rads will often be on when the UFH is on e.g. when it's cold. What's the problem exactly?

Do you understand the concept of set-back?? Perhaps I should explain for the hard of thinking; A radiator system is time & temperature controlled OK? However, any UFH system should be set-back controlled on temperature only, so not timed - just temperature highs & lows. You don't want your radiators on during the night, but your UFH heating maybe on. Also, with UFH in some floor constructions, it may be set to go off set-back at 5.00am for the customer getting up at 7.00am.

They won't be mixed on the one zone as per my first post on the thread.
As its commonly done.

I should think I'm quite a bit more intelligent than you chap, not usually considered hard of thinking by those who know me. I didn't at any point consider mixing the two systems on one zone even though I know very little about heating systems, unlike you who can easily tell the difference between zwischenzug and zeitnot (Google is your friend).

I should think I'm quite a bit more intelligent than you chap, not usually considered hard of thinking by those who know me. I didn't at any point consider mixing the two systems on one zone even though I know very little about heating systems, unlike you who can easily tell the difference between zwischenzug and zeitnot (Google is your friend).

Ah an expert on heating systems that knows very little about eh, heating systems?!!! That's refreshing to know...... :LOL:

Sponsored Links

They won't be mixed on the one zone as per my first post on the thread.
As its commonly done.

So if you don't have a low loss header, how will you stop heat migration on the common return & still have the HW as the first tee on that return? It could be wrongly commonly done??!!...... ;)

By plumbing it correctly as its commonly done without a low loss header.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back