Bevelled tiles / Beveled tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My wife has purchased bevelled tiles (Biselado / subway) for use as a splash-back in our kitchen. The dimensions are 150mm x 75mm, we intend to tile them brick style;. See link for an idea of the style and look: http://www.wallsandfloors.uk.com/ranges.php?rid=12&t=Tile

We have a number of external corners (chimney breasts, window sills etc.) that would normally be solved by conventional plastic corner edges, however the bevelled edge of the tile are causing problems, as they do not fit fully into the edging strips .

Can anyone provide an attractive solution to our problem?

Thanks.

Paul

Sponsored Links
I will have the same problem soon (daughter@s bathroom awaiting exchange of contracts) but had not thought about it until now!

How about planning it so all the corners are cut tiles...

Use an edging strip for thinner tiles where this is not possible . .

Hi IJWS15,

planning it so all the corners are cut tiles would not work as the sides of the tile are also bevelled. This would leave a strange side profile.

Sponsored Links
I see what you mean

She is getting a flat with Johnson's "polar white" and wants some more adding so she can use a shower over the bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back