Beyond belief

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Powermax 135OV no heat, 12 year old. HW ok. 2 week problem. Customer had Powergen CH care agreement. ENGINEER came out after 3 days of call. Pump changed. Customer gets him back 6 days later, changes room stat.

I get the job and find cold start stat faulty, £73 plus parts and house now warm.

NO paperwork left, ventilation NCS, going back to service unit Friday with gaskets etc.

Da mind boggles. :evil:

Sponsored Links
I went to a job yesterday which was beyond belief as well.

Customer has 1 year old baxi 105he combi. Pressure fluctuating.

Customer calls engineer who fit it.

His solution to the problem (flat expansion vessel and now knackered prv) was:

When the pressure is high turn that red knob until its not high anymore and when its low turn that tap under the boiler until its not low anymore :eek:

Charged them £50 for the pleasure as well.

un effing believable.

Yesterday went to fix a Halstead for a landlord who said cough cough it's quite new.

Fault was wrong polarity, so we all know it has never worked, was an installation fault. So who fitted it that they couldn't get halstead to sort it out?

I didn't give him a hard time, just fix it and move on, quite glad I didn't get the install anyway, i couldn't have got away with a band D boiler.

I was called by a landlord and advised him we need payment before we start. He agreed and left payment next door.

Went and next door refused to pay until we had done job. Tenant out anyway. Called her and had 15 minutes of most unladylike abuse and she was going to report me to the EHO !

Spoke to landlord today and he continued to refuse to pay in advance. No explanation why he is not on electoral register and refused to give me his address.

I was reluctant to go to do the job but he never called me back. Will text tenant to see if its fixed by anyone else!

Edit: Tenant has replied that he got BG and they have condemned it now. Thats going to be expensive for him! I can't help smiling as I take an extra glass of Kingklip !

Second edit: BG engineers flooded system and blew expansion vessel, the whole boiler needs to be replaced now! That will be VERY expensive for him. Even bigger smile and another glass of Kingklip !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Edit: Tenant has replied that he got BG and they have condemned it now. Thats going to be expensive for him! I can't help smiling as I take an extra glass of Kingklip !

Second edit: BG engineers flooded system and blew expansion vessel, the whole boiler needs to be replaced now! That will be VERY expensive for him. Even bigger smile and another glass of Kingklip !

Tony

Do you think they had the current landlords' inspection certificates?
I'm being silly, aren't I?

OK, what's Kingklip? Google says it's a fish.

I expect he did have an LSC as the tenant is obviously on the social.

My favourite used to be Dumisani, 14.5% and Pinotage-Shiraz. Unfortunately the 2006 vintage is the only one available now and its a sad follow on from the 2005 vintage.

Kingklip 2006 is 14% and Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon and was £6 per bottle but has been reduced to only £3 per bottle. Not only very cheap but very good so I clear the shelves every day. Better and even cheaper than Dumisani !

Tony

Or one of these?

production_img_big_10.gif

Kingklip
Genypterus capensis

Max.size 180 cm.
Kingklip lives in marine enviroment on a 50 - 500 m depth with 23°S - 35°S tempreture.
Minimum population doubling time is 4.5 - 14 years.
Distribution: Eastern Atlantic: Walvis Bay, Namibia to Algoa Bay, South Africa.
Feeds kingklip on mantis shrimps, hake, squid, and various fishes Spawning occurs from August to October.
Utilized fresh and frozen. Kingklip can be fried and baked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back