BG Powerflush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had an accident with my home in August 2004. The front room was partially demolished by a car. The radiator was hanging off the wall. The Insurance builders (who were cowboys) replaced the radiator downstairs and took the upstairs radiator off during decoration (the wall cracked right up to the eaves). Almost 2 years later I am having problems with the radiators not heating up properly (the worst is the one they replaced).
BG have advised I need a powerflush but the house is only 7.5 years old. The BG engineer said it is unlikely to have been caused by the builders even if they hadn't flushed out the system and put inhibitor in (unlikely that they did this considering their other work). But he did say that I shouldn't have this problem in my heating system yet and it is likely it was caused by the builder not installing the system properly. I still have an nhbc policy. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether it could be the Insurance builders (I can still claim from them as the claim and remedial work is still outstanding) or if I'd be covered for this under my NHBC against the original builders.
I'd appreciate any help as I'm really having a bad time of it.

many thanks

Jackie

Sponsored Links
More likely the original builders....so have a go @ NHBC but don`t hold your breath..and don`t pay BG prices for powerflush......Name and shame the original National builder when the dust has settled....I love new builds :evil: :LOL:

I seem to recall the NHBC has a minimum claim amount which is quite high! £2k-£5K perhaps?

Its always easier to blame the last person there!!!

How about blaming the car driver?

Tony

Sponsored Links
BG like to sell the odd powerflush. They should wear masks. Dick Turpin did. I did a powerflush on a system that bg said desperatly needed it. It was the least productive one I've done. The magaclean was just that even after 6hours. wasters. More likely your pump is on it's way out. struggling to circulate to all rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back