Bi-directional DC ELV Control Circuit via 3-core cable

Nor did I when I first contemplated the arrangement, but then I started thinking (perhaps too deeply?) about what current would (or would not!) be flowing in the common conductor. Time to 'conduct the experiment' to satisfy myself that my thought processes were being silly, I think!

Kind Regards, John

What has always confused me, since energy supply was deregulated, how the electrons when your supplier is for instance E.on find their was through all of those shared cables, to your meter. Likewise the gas atoms -starts out at say Npower and finds its way by itself through all of those pipes, mixed in with all of the other suppliers gas, to your meter.

Sponsored Links
What has always confused me, since energy supply was deregulated, how the electrons when your supplier is for instance E.on find their was through all of those shared cables, to your meter. Likewise the gas atoms -starts out at say Npower and finds its way by itself through all of those pipes, mixed in with all of the other suppliers gas, to your meter.
Indeed :)

This modern game of being able to choose who one pays for the same electrons, gas molecules, water molecules, communication services etc., supplied along the same pipes or cables, seems (at least to me) to be a totally bizarre abstraction!

Kind Regards, John

Peraonally if it was something I was doing I would produce 12 Volts AC at each end using small transformers, Either PCB mounted on StripBoard HERE

or a plug top unit ( with a wound transformer )

0x66.jpg

Peraonally if it was something I was doing I would produce 12 Volts AC at each end using small transformers, Either PCB mounted on StripBoard HERE or a plug top unit ( with a wound transformer )
The only difference between that and what I am actually doing would appear to be the use of 12V AC rather than 12V DC (which I've been using, 'one way around', for very many years).

Why would you do it with AC - just to save a rectifier and capacitor?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I've just noticed that my previous diagram was a little misleading, since it implied that my 12V was not isolated from the mains voltage. It should have been something like ...

upload_2019-2-5_15-27-35.png

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back