biasi 24s Diverter Valve service kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a service kit from ebay advertised as BI1011504 original part.
The kit is for the water section which I intend to fit this weekend.

However, the spring loaded bit which is meant to push out a pin to make the DHW switch does seem to have enough movement to achieve this function.

The seller has told me to remove the old one and compare with the new one before returning it

Is there a way to check if the new one is functioning correctly without actually fitting it?

Sponsored Links
I bought a service kit from ebay advertised as BI1011504 original part.
The kit is for the water section which I intend to fit this weekend.

However, the spring loaded bit which is meant to push out a pin to make the DHW switch does seem to have enough movement to achieve this function.

The spring that 'pushes' the pin out is not the one on the spindle assembly. You should have received a cone shaped spring as well.

Is there a way to check if the new one is functioning correctly without actually fitting it?

No. As long as the spindle is smooth and clean and this assembly looks in tact then it should be as it was manufactured, and work.
Your kit should contain 2 retaining nuts, one which the spindle passes through the other seats the spring, the spindle assembly, the sppring and the valve disc.
The Biasi diverter valve kit has a PN begining Bi...

Thank you for reply:
I have received:

1 x big diaphragm - for HW actuator
1 x small diaphragm - for CH
1 x spring loaded spindle assembly
1 x pin guide bush
1 x spindle for actuator side
1 x retainer nut with grub screw hole
1 x nut with tapped hole for guide bush (DHW switch side)
I do NOT have the SPRING

I have placed the spring loaded assembly against the nut and pushed the assembly but there is only small amount of movement and the pin does not protrude out of the guide
I cant see how the missing SPRING could make the pin come out further

The pin protrudes about 3 mm on the right at rest and about 11 mm when activated by water flow!

How did you remove the assembly without taking out the gas valve?

tony

Sponsored Links
I have not yet taken the assembly out.
This is because as mentioned in my post I have doubts about the kit.

However, I have removed the DV in the past WITHOUT removing the gas valve fairly easily but did not disassemble the DV.

The way I see it, the springed assembly (in the service kit) has a boss which should slide into the recess of the retaining nut?

Is that correct?

However, the diameter of the boss seems to be to big for the recess in the kit that I have bought.

The pin protrudes about 3 mm on the right at rest and about 11 mm when activated by water flow!

How did you remove the assembly without taking out the gas valve?

tony

no need to remove the gas valve to do what he wants to do.

The part no BI1011504 is the correct so go for it.

I have no reason to think your kit is not correct for that diverter valve.

But what I dont understand is what you hope to achieve by replacing all the internal parts!

The only parts normally needed are the big diaphragm and the two gland seal parts if they are leaking!

Tony

People can get confused using boiler names and particularly Biasi who recycle names. The model number is the only relevant identifier.

This boiler is usually referred to as a Prisma 24S.

mOMBDdXws9E5egaGBnHQG1A.jpg

Those are the parts used in this model.

There is no "conical" spring!

I am waiting to hear what the OP thinks he is going to achieve by replacing all those parts!

Tony

I was referring to the Biasi Riva m90e 24s gc 47-970-17 !

It has a spring with a smaller diameter one end than the other.

I was having problems with CH and it turned out to be muck in the DV.
I removed DV and rinsed it out and the boiler now works but locks out occasionally.

The boiler is 15 years old so I thought next best thing to a new DV would be to fit a service kit. Biasi also advised that.

I returned the service kit because the spring was missing. So instead of buying the kit from another source,I took your advice and only cleaned and greased the existing parts before refitting them.

That was the sensible thing too do.

Locking out will be a gas/combustion issue which we dont advise on.

Tony

I used to have this problem a few years ago - It was the fan that used to stick after several months and worked well after a dose of wd40 - eventually I changed it for a new one and have had many years of bliss until now

However last time it was not intermittent. It was fairly obvious that the fan was faulty as it would not spin freely by hand which eased off with WD40

People can get confused using boiler names and particularly Biasi who recycle names. The model number is the only relevant identifier.

This boiler is usually referred to as a Prisma 24S.

Tony

Not true Tony.
The prisma came out in the nineties and was larger & uglier than the riva which came out in the noughties.The control panel was completely different,the clock was mechanical and the two boilers had different GC no's.
Apart from that,the parts that the op thought he needed are the same for both models.See below two of my old manuals,one for the prisma & one for the riva.

I am afraid that is not correct!

The M90 is a completely different design and uses a motor driven diverter for which all the components are different.

Just open those manuals and look inside!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back