Biasi 24S - No hot water or central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Biasi 24S boiler is 9 years old and so far worked ok (as far as I know) until this morning after I left home. The green power light is lit, the lock out lamp is not lit, there is no pilot light and it wont go through the ignition sequence as per user manual. Very cold and the baby is not too happy. Please help.

Ps. I undid the thing in the centre of the pump and trickles of blackish dirty water came out. I also turn the power on with the the "nut" loosen and it appears to slightly turn initially but stopped, does this indicate a fault with the pump?

Sponsored Links
Undo nut and insert a flat bladed screwdriver and turn. If ok then check if fan is spinning, if it is then aps could be faulty.

Sounds like a corgi job.

Could well be a pump problem. It seems to be a common fault on Biasis, perhaps because they use Wilo pumps (most combis use Grundfos). There are other recent threads on Biasi pump problems.

The Wilo pump is only a problem if your water is dirty !

The black stuff coming out is your dirt, not Wilos!

Even if rather stiff they will usually clean out and give further good service as long as the water is kept clean.

I usually clean them first and let the customer decide if they want it changed or not.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks, all. Dave, the nut doesn't come out of the pump, what is aps? The pump did feel hot this morning while I was fiddling about to eliminate problems. With the nut loose and set to ch it spins if I help to turn it but if swithed off and on again it doesn't turn without my help. Can't say I have heard the fan.
Tony, mine is a Myson pump, think I should take it out and give it a clean initially or what? Whatever the problem, is that why there is no ignition?

Took out the pump head, sprayed in some wd40 and gave it a bit of a clean. Hook up the power supply before I refit it properly and the pump works fine (it spins healthily) but when I fit it back the boiler still did not start. Does that mean the pump is ok?
Also, I noted that there is no live feed to the fan or the aps when the power is on (neither in ch or dhw mode. could it be the ignition device, pcb fault or gas valve? Any ideas?

Hello all, thanks for all your help. It was the pump for sure. Need to change the air pressure switch though, as it appears to be on its way out. Warm again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back