biasi 24s no hot water!!! whole diverter valve changed :/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im a gas safe registered plumber... im having real trouble at a biasi424s combi boiler.....Got me in an absolute pickle!!!

there was no hot water, so i changed the diaphragm, didnt work, then i replaced the gutts of the diverter valve, Didnt work either, Check small bore pipes for water and im gettting it.

The micro-switch etc is all fine because when i manually click it, the boiler fires.

I even went to the extent of a new complete diverter valve!!

ive ask other engineers about it and they have said the exact same!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.... before i take this boiler off the wall and chuck it out the window!

thanks Dom

Sponsored Links
Does the primary ntc make ok? Often the pump on these are at fault. Check the plate hex isn't chocked with crap as well...

P.S. register with the "combustion chamber" as well. We GSR guys hide in there ;)

I think there's a venturi that operates the hw diaphragm, its just below the sensing tubes, near the pump, accessed by the nut on left of manifold.
See page 29.

Had the same issue with a 105he. The right hand hydroblock looks to be the same set up. An exploded view of the venturi is on page 28
HERE

The venturi had crumbled with age so there was no pressure differential to operate the flow switch.

Sponsored Links
You have unfortunately focussed on the diverter valve instead of the whole boiler.

There are two simple tests you should have done:-

See if diaphragm unit pushes hard on DHW demand?

See if pushing pin on left of LH hydro block operates the demand switch and fires up boiler.

It is very rare for the venturi part to fail. It is also necessary to remove the gas valve to take it out so not a DIY job. It can also be very tight and needs a 24 mm six sided ring spanner or socket. ( The usual 12 sided ones usually just round off the corners ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back