biasi 24s no hot water

My appoligies everyone concerned, an oversight i thought i,d told yous it was the large seal on the left red in diagram.

Sponsored Links
In that case either there is another fault or the moving parts in the diverter are seized up. Or your "seal" has holed again.

Was the diverter left in a failed state for weeks or months?

Tony

i,m sorry i,m trying my best here, i cant see where ive supplied wrong info. if you could re.direct me to it i will try and resolve it . And i,ll keep a better check on how i answer.

Unfortunately not all your answers have been very clear and some questions have not got any answers.

Dony worry I can identify the problem but you have to be my eyes and ears!

Undo the two square screws clamping red diaphragm unit and gently pull it to left and push back to uncover the hole it sits in.

Using a small cylinder push the pin in this hole to the right and see if it moves and operates the DHW switch. If the power is on and selector in sunshine then the boiler should fire up.

Tell us what happens!

Tony

Sponsored Links
hi i,ll answer this as best i can! approx. 6 weeks ago the boiler shut off, it took me a couple of day,s to arrive at the divertor . When i opened it up that is red side as per digram, it was just mush that came out the seal looked like an old realyworn sponge, kind of as much a jelly consistance. then a few days past before i got seal and put it back together,

right im on my way to do as you have instructed me . bare-in mind that its housed outside, i,ll be as prompt as i can and will notify you of the rsults right away.

guy,s i,m soked but determined, i,m trying to pubh the pin but i don,t think its moving, when you say push the pin to the right, am i right in thinking you mean as you face the boiler your pushing the pin in which is from left where sited in boiler to the right????????????/ i have got boiler set like you said but i,m not convinced that i,m getting any movment in the pin.

would it help if i squirted some either W.D 40 or looseoil in where pin is sited.????????

As I suggested earlier I suspect the diverter is seized up and you seem to have proved that is the case.

To free it up you will have to remove the left hand hydraulic block and take it apart and clean it and get it freed up.

ChrisR thinks you can do it easily without access from the left hand said. Its much easier when you have a foot on the left though!!!

Let us know how you get on!

Tony

coosty guys, yes you did mention that it could be seized eirlier, i gave that a bit of thought at the time, iseem to remember as i was re.building it, i noticed there was a pin, i think i gave it a little push but just with my finger, when it didnt move i assumed it would be allright with the right part pushing it. Well i don,t expect yous to be hanging arround, but i,m away to burn some midnight oil;;;; i,m like a dog with a bone, ilove it when you fix summit and get an understanding of it then the pleasure of watching it perform as it should. Coosty i,ll let yous know how i get on thanks again for your patience.:cool: :cool: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back