Biasi 24S Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a new member here & I have a Biasi 24s (2001) C12 C52 Combi Boiler

Recently been having problems with the HW not working unless the CH is on.

Came home tonight, no CH & reset light on front panel lit up.

Check the water pressure & gas supply, both OK & proceeded to reset the boiler, I get an ignition spark but no flame suggesting no gas & then the reset light comes back on.

After reading through the service checklist & testing the electrical components, I have found that the 'Lower On-Off Operator' on the gas valve does not register any resistance.

Would I be in thinking that the gas valve (E01 161) needs replacing

Also the ignition control smells like it has been hot, is it common for this to fail if the gas valve has failed?

Any comments greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if your diverter valve has failed so no demand registered for DHW.

If the gas valve lower solenoid is o/c then it will not work.

Changing the gas valves must only be done by a competent person ( normally CORGI ) as it has to be set up for minimum and maximum gas presure.

A faulty gas valve rarely fails the ignition PCB unless its gone low resistance or short circuit to earth.

Tony Glazier

Thank you for your reply Tony.

I guess the next thing is to work out the price of the parts required & see its going to be economical to repair or just replace it with a condensing boiler as they're getting so cheap now

Just taken the DHW switches off the Diverter Valve & the piston is not coming out when the DHW taps are open, would this require a new valve or just the membrane to be replaced?

Sponsored Links
Thanks GasGuru,

If I can get it working with only these parts it might be worth repairing, as the prices at this website ain't too bad

Honeywell VK4105M 2014 Gas Valve: £38.90 + VAT & P&P
http://www.abcotuk.co.uk/product.asp?ProductId=P336

BI1011503 Diverter Valve Repair Kit: £21.90 + VAT & P&P
http://www.abcotuk.co.uk/product.asp?ProductId=P178

These are cheapest parts found on the net so far, if anyone knows of any reasons not to purchase from this site or better places to purchase from (or locally to Middlesbrough) as both sites dont sell both parts required.

Are you sure that you are competent to replace the gas valve?

How will you measure the burner pressure?

Tony

Just read the rest of this post.

DO NOT change the gas valve - you can't simply replace it. It is doubtful you have the necessary test equipement to set the valve up and check for gas leaks.

I wasn't planning on replacing the Gas Valve myself

I have a family friend who is CORGI reg'd & will do the repair when he's in the area.
Just a shame I can't get him he sooner to make sure that I've found the actual fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back