Biasi Boiler 24s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, a bad first post I know but I have a problem!

I am hoping someone maybe able to shed some light on this problem. I have had a Biasi 24s Combi Boiler for about teh last 6 years and up to date have had no problems. Recently however the following hs happened.

1) Pressure dropping causing pressure safety switch to cut in and shut down boiler. Eventually the boiler would not shut down but would trip out my RCD in my fuse box.

Subsequent leak found and repaired, boiler tested by Corgi Engineer, all seemed fine but boiler still trips out RCD.

2) Corgi Engineer advises that he his not sutre of the problem but through a process of elimination will try to diagnose fault.

Actions included -
Changed Water Pump
Changed Fan
Checked thermostat by disconnecting stat and operating
Ran Boiler off mains power via plug

Unfortunately the Boiler is still tripping out my RCD, he advised that he needs to check Flow switches and main circuit board to eliminate these, failing this he feels it could be a problem with the wiring loom. He is contacting Biasi tomorrow to get assistance with teh problem as he is stumped.

Anyone came across this problem before or have an idea of what the problem could be. The problem has not been fixed, the Engineer is only charging me for his time as the parts he replaces, he takes off if this is not the fault.

Help will be grately appreciated.

Sponsored Links
These are very simple boilers and your engineer obviously has no diagnostic skills at all and is just a parts changer.

One wonders what test equipment he had ! To find the cause of RCD trips he needs a clamp on current meter reading down to 1 mA.

He does not deserve to be paid for his time when he is so incompetent.

We charge a fixed price diagnostic fee of £84 in our local area however long that may take. We expect to find most faults within 15 min.

Last week I helped a British Gas lead technician solve a problem over the phone which had them stumped for over eight weeks.

Why dont you call the manufacturers and ask for their local service agent. They could not be any worse than that fellow you have.

Tony

tho i would not put the boot in so easily to another engineer as agile. you best bet is to phone biasi and they will give you the number for your local service agent.

i have started a £85 fix labour fee plus parts no matter how long i am there or how many parts i have changed for a biasi boilers.

All these fixed fees of £84 makes me wonder how you people possibly make any money our labour rates for non-contract customers start at £174 an hour with a minimum of 1 hr charged.

By the way sounds like a possible gas valve fault, at which point in its sequence does it trip.

James

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

I am surprised that the Engineer is unable to diagnose the fault, he advised he is going to phone Biasi to get some technical help. By all accounts he is the Biasi local engineer and works on the boilers often hence why he carries so many spare parts for them.

James, the sequence that the rcd trips out is afollows

Thermostat turned on, boiler lights, radiators and hot water starts to operate, within 5 - 10 minutes, all power goes off due to RCD tripping. do you still think it is the Gas valve, if so I will mention this to him.

Thanks

Mark

Statistically its most likely to be the pump.

But without being at the boiler to inspect and test it then its impossible to guess.

Yesterday I came across another completely hopeless CORGI. The manufacturer suggested he swapped over the two similar NTCs.

So what did he do? He did swap them but complete with their relevant leads so the flow NTC was sensing the return temperature!!

Tony

Hi Guys

Spoke to Biasi today, they advised to get the Engineer to check the resistance on the Gasd Valve coil, failing that they advised to check all wires to ensure they are not damaged causing the RCD.

Thanks for the help guys, wish me luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back