Biasi Garda HE M96 28 No DHW or CH Is external timer reqd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
usually reliable Biasi Boiler decided to take some time off just as weather getting colder ,typical eh.

when switched off and back on at mains isolator boiler starts to run pump but after 15 seconds stops and sits quietly flashing first green light, enjoying time off.

Having a little knowledge of electronics (dangerous some would say ,I know, but having some ability and an enquiring mind I just need to know) . I decided to check about with a meter for some of the more obvious culprits . ie Primary Circuit flow switch (is it being operated by flow if so is microswitch functioning simple stuff really.) all simple stuff really.

good practice in electronics to plug and un plug connectors as occasionally in humid environments as this can improve a bad connection. Any how upon disconnect the timer connection on pcb ,said boiler decided to get back to work , Hurrah. Plug timer back in red to top ( read one of agile's old post s ,cheers tony) and boiler goes back on its holidays .

Timer itself when disconnected seems to work fine, switches to on and off slider still distinct at all positions will program and hold info ,no missing segments all in all looks and performs perfectly ,as it should because I never use it I leave boiler permanently on and just turn room stat up and down.

So thanks to all who have read so far, but this is where a little knowledge is not enough. I could buy new timer but is PCB the fault, green white from clock doubtless wired to surface mounted chip doing god knows what. Or have I been lucky and pcb failed in a way that lets me get away with it.

Question from a Gas Safe Perspective is safe to use the Boiler with the timer disconnected as I never needed its in put anyhow.

Looking forward to hearing your comments

Sponsored Links
If it works without the timer plugged in and you dont use the timer anyway then no problem with using it that way from a safety point of view

Its a useful feature they designed into the boiler that it will provide CH with timer unplugged.

If timer is faulty and you dont need it then just take out the plug and remove it from boiler. I expect the output relay has failed.

Simple really!

Tony

Sponsored Links
thought it might be something like.
surprised no'ones giving away a meerkat called alexander. Cheers Tony knew you would deliver the goods

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back