Biasi heating a koi tank

koikeeper said:
You will also need a heat exchanger & Digistat to control the pond temp, if is a combi for the house heating & the pond it will need a couple of zone valves on it. you will be surprised how inexpensive it can be to heat if you stick to the ambient temp, the idea to heat a koi pond is to stop the temp fluctuating too much.

john

im only the man to put the boiler in,, i know the guy has spent thousands on filtration systems etc and he has some sort of room/temp stat to wire into combi.

he only wants it to keep it too 11' for the spawning or something god only knows guys.

BTW koi keeper in newcastle i know a guy who has a load of koi for sale including pumps, filters etc 500 quid for the lot.. at least 10-15 koi, schubumkin or something and a few others. the koi are breeding too

Sponsored Links
When the pond is heated the koi are active & fed all year round

hxps7.jpg

windownt0.jpg

boilergt4.jpg

similar set up with pipework etc john, that tank looks beautiful by the way ;)

Those koi are around 26" - 30" long lol, pond is around 4200 gallon,
Heat exchanger is 100,000 btu & boiler is 50,000 btu, also has a rad run off it.
The boiler can raise the temp of the pond by 1c in about 30 mins

john

Sponsored Links
all i know is theres 2 22mm JG ppes to connect to his combi. looks like yours is a system boiler

That is one hell of a pond, i wasnt expecting something like that, more just a big hole in the ground. Those fish are massive. Id like a pond like that in my garden though. You could go swimming with the fishes.

koikeeper said:
Forgot to say it is also 7ft deep

thats truly amazing

think of the amount of chips and vinegar you would need wto go wif one of them babies

;)

Oh and... I reckon you cold argue that this isn't a "domestic" installation. I mean its a commercial breeding facility, innit. So do you need a condensing boiler? I sold a couple of new "old" boilers to a koi keeper cheap, he wanted two so he had a backup.

Got a Bargain with the boiler, brand new £150 on ebay so could not say no :LOL: Ideal for the pond, jump leads incase it needs a kick start being Baxi :oops:

kev25v6 said:
That is one hell of a pond, i wasnt expecting something like that, more just a big hole in the ground. Those fish are massive. Id like a pond like that in my garden though. You could go swimming with the fishes.

You will find that koi keepers will spend a fortune looking after their koi. I do mean a fortune!

you may like to see this pond, ok its not koi, but i bet it wasnt cheap
clicky

I have seen "just a few" koi ponds in my time some are small and modest others are absolutley huge, oh and its not un common for them to be 5- 8 feet deep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back