Biasi m110.32sm/e boiler breakdown

OK I accept my mistake and apologize as in the morning today my family needed hot water. So I opened the front panel and see that gas guy didn't even close the screw on the Gas valve inlet pressure test point but luckily I hate turned off the gas at night from the mains. So I closed the screw and tested for leaks by smell and some soap bubbles and there was none. I tested the hot water and it works which wasn't a surprise but the heating came on and stayed on. I put the heating on for whole 1 hour and the boiler was modulating and keeping the temperature set. So now I must question did the gas engineer really had any knowledge at all.

Anyways I will be calling a Biasi engineer who do a one off repair for £225 including all parts and labour and give a guarantee for 3 months on all work done plus 12 months on parts. Although the boiler didn't lock out in DHW but I see that the temperature on the boiler can go to 90 C (even on the minimum setting) which I believe is due to blocked heat exchanger plate. So I was thinking of ordering the part myself and get someone to fit it and get the other cleaned so next time I will have a spare so let me know what you guys think of this. I also would like to thank you for support and valuable advice and I am glad I am still not out of pocket for which would have been more than 400 pounds for the time engineer spent.

Sponsored Links
If you were local to me then I would clean the plate and check the combustion settings for £136 !

That fellow seems to have virtually no understanding of boiler and how to fix them. All he really wanted to do was fit a new one and a totally rubbish one at that.

With a competent engineer you don't need to spend so much. But finding a competent engineer is the problem. Hardly 10% of gas registered people are likely to have the required skills. Most just like fitting new boilers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back