Biasi m90e.28s no D.H.W.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I purchased my house a few months back and have so far had a whole host of problems with the boiler: expansion vessel, heat exchanger, to name but a few.

We're now at the point where we're thinking it may just be easier and cheaper to replace the boiler rather than keep replacing parts and ending up with a new boiler one piece at a time.

The problem is this:

when the C.H. is on, the D.H.W. works just fine, but since about a month ago we haven't been able to get D.H.W. by itself. I have checked a few simple things myself and my brother in law who works for babcock dyncorp and is gas fitter/heating engineer has had a look at it also. From previous posts on here and his knowledge we think it might be the D.H.W. Temperature probe. When we turn on the D.H.W. in the D.H.W. setting, the boiler sounds like its thinking about firing, the actuator valve pin moves to change the circuit for D.H.W. use, the red LED inside the boiler illuminates, then after a few seconds of the tap running nothing happens, except the green LED on the face of the boiler flashes at about twice the usual speed.

everything else within the boiler appears to be working just fine, but for obvious reasons we don't want to have to keep running the boiler in C.H. just to get hot water as it will end up being forgotten about and then we'll end up with limescale build up which in turn will cause even more issues.

From the symptoms I have described does it sound like this might be the issue, and if so is it something I will be able to change myself or should I get my Brother-in-Law to come do it?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back