BIASI PRISMA 24SE Start Probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BIASI PRISMA 24SE

Just bought a house and heating was off for ages, refilled and pressurised the system, gas is on.

The OVERHEAT THERMOSTAT had its centre pushed right in, I will change this tomorrow.

The Boiler fired up once on a quick check a few days ago for about 5 minutes, now nothing.

The green light comes on and a pump runs, but no ignition obviously.

Would it be likely that the OVERHEAT THERMOSTAT could have damaged anything else? or even shut down the system, I suspect that the previous owners had pressed the OVERHEAT THERMOSTAT in so that is u/s now.

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Changed the overheat thermostat, made no difference.

The thing wont even try and ignite, reset button doesnt change anything.

Sponsored Links
Fats, the o/h stat is pushed in to be flush in the normal operating condition.

You test it by measuring its electrical conductivity.

It seems you replaced it without knowing if it was faulty or not. Surprise, surprise that has cost you about £17 and has not solved the problem.

To replace it you have opened the combustion chamber when you are obviously not gas safe qualified. On safety grounds I do not advise DIYers to change parts which involve gas or combustion parts of the boiler. In your case it was apparently not the problem anyway.

This is a very simple boiler and I could easily work out whats wrong if you were patient enough to make some simple voltage/resistance measurements.

Tony

No !

You cannot guess when mending boilers.

It has to be logical deduction based on observation and measurements.

Tony

Thanks for the advice

I will get an engineer, whats the going rate? and I am open to suggestions we are near Doncaster.

Or is Biasi still in business I could get their people out.

Biasi is one of the larger boiler suppliers after Glow-Worm, Vaillant and Worcester.

They have a network on independent service agents covering the country.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back