Biasi Riva Advance not firing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2 year old Biasi Riva Advance M110.32 SM/C. The boiler will start and ignite yet not carry on firing in either CH or HW. Checked the pump, gas valve solenoid coil resistance, overheat stat, flue temperature monitor, the condense trap all are fine. I did hear of a recent Biasi recall but emails to Biasi never returned.

Any advice appreciaited. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you had the boiler serviced at the end of the first year then it has a two year warrantee.

Exactly how did you check the condensate trap to be able to say that "its fine" ?

Did you remove the condensate output pipe from its connection at the base of the combustion chamber?

Does a gas cooker ring alter its flame size when you try to fire up the boiler?

Tony

Thanks for reply.
I removed the condensate trap and ensured the float ball moved freely cleaned and replaced.
There is no significant change in the cooker flame when boiler trys to fire. The boiler does ignite but after approx 3 seconds the flame goes out.

Sponsored Links
If you had the boiler serviced at the end of the first year then it has a two year warrantee.

Did you remove the condensate output pipe from its connection at the base of the combustion chamber?

Tony

If you dont want to do that then you could tip some water into the inner of the flue and see if it appears at the condensate outlet.

If it does then it is most likely that the PCB has failed.

Of course if I was there then I would be doing some other tests before replacing the PCB which costs in the region of £150.

If the PCB has failed then its possible that the 1 Meg resistor R49 in series with the flame detection probe has gone open circuit.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back