biasi wont light up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
THe boiler is a biasi 24s.

Yesterday it was working intermitently. The heating would be on for about an hour and then it would go off. Checked the boiler and had to reset the red lockout switch. Fan seemed to be a little noisier than usual. It did that for a few more times.

Today it wont light at all on hot water or heating. I have taken the cover off and can see the microswitches moving on the diverter valve. I know some of you may shout but i also removed the inner cover. The fan turns for a few secs (as if trying to get to speed) and then stops. A few secs after it locksout. Is there a way of testing if the fan /fan coil is broken and could it be anything else that would cause the fan to stop turning

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dave.

Would there be anything else that would stop the fan from spinning other than it being faulty.

Could someone tell me how to test the fan as i have a multimeter handy

You could test it all you like, but probably muck got in the bearings and jammed it.

As long as you've got 240V at the terminals and it won't spin change it.

Sponsored Links
Could still be, they may be jamming slightly so the motor hasn't enough force to turn it.

The machine tolerances on the fan are very small.

Could i test this fan with a flying lead just to make sure its broken.

Eg, a 5amp plug with lead and crocodile clips. Isolate and disconnect current fan terminals and attach the croc clips, then see if it runs freely for a min??

Test for 230 like Dave said. NOT when it spins, as it obviously has power, but when it stops

test for resistance across l and N at fan power off of course should be approx range of 140 to 160 ohms if this ok and you got 240v when power on if still not working points to build up of muck but please note to change a fan you should be corgi registed as this effects the flueing of your boiler .a little knowlage can be dangerous.

You test the fan with a.... wait for it..... A FINGER !!!

See if it spins freely!

If it really does then measure the applied voltage and see if that stops before the fan stops.

If it really is a free fan and the voltage stops after a few seconds than it might be a faulty ignition circuit, buts thats pretty rare!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back