Bibby Bargain Barge?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If this is true, it really is shocking. Total madness.
bibby.png

Sponsored Links
If this is true, it really is shocking. Total madness.
View attachment 325226
Interesting point but maybe an even bigger draw for boat people. "Look the UK is offering luxury cruises as well as 4 star hotels". Mind you it could pick them up direct at source I suppose. Can't see all the people that can't afford a cruise supporting it though lol.

Since Suella Braverman and Priti Patel started their Rwanda Deportation Scheme,
14 Rwandan’s have been granted asylum in the UK. Because Rwanda is not a safe country for political opponents, Journalists or anyone critical of the regime.

That’s another £290m wasted

Sponsored Links
It's not true! The cost of renting the Bibby Stockholm for two years is about £30m, not £1.6bn
Regardless of the amount, is that included in the latest £700m (10 year) figure to 'stop the boats'?

After all, that would over the period of the latest tory wheeze (electoral shot in the dark) account for almost half of that figure!

Assuming £30m, that's £75,000 per person per year (assuming full 200 capacity), you could house people for far less at 'premier inn'

Even without a long term discount!

As confirmed by the home office, although revealing the full costs is 'not in the public interests'!

Last edited:
Omfg thankyou for sharing this, indeed what an utter disgrace on top of all the other scams we end up forking out for as UK tax payers.

Other sources say £22m with the vendors website saying accommodation for 500.

Based on current pricing and demand Icon of the seas gross' $1.6Bn per year. You can house an illegal immigrant for a year for the avg. cost of a room on Icon for a week. But I have to admit it makes a great headline.

Last edited:
Regardless of the amount, is that included in the latest £700m (10 year) figure to 'stop the boats'?

After all, that would over the period of the latest tory wheeze (electoral shot in the dark) account for almost half of that figure!

Assuming £30m, that's £75,000 per person per year (assuming full 200 capacity), you could house people for far less at 'premier inn'

Even without a long term discount!

As confirmed by the home office, although revealing the full costs is 'not in the public interests'!

I was simply pointing out the absurdity of the claim. Since posting, I held my nose and for the first time logged into Musk's new Twitter to read the comments. Out of about fifty people, only two seemed to have given any thought to whether the figure of £1.6bn could possibly be true. And this post has been forwarded more than 2000 times. Stuff like this really doesn't help those wanting to make a serious argument.

the Bibby Stockholm is costing £41,000 per day

currently there are around 70 asylum seekers on board

a bargain at £585 a day

The cost of renting the Bibby Stockholm for two years is about £30m, not £1.6bn
is it?

the fact is, we dont know -the contract value to CTM was £1.6b but the govt have kept what contract covers - it says "barges" but where are the others

how do we know the cost is £22m or £30m -where did that come from ?

Government quietly awards travel firm £1.6bn contract for asylum barges and accommodation​

"The CTM contract, published under the title “provision of bridging accommodation and travel services”, states that it has an estimated value of £1,593,535,200 over two years and could be extended beyond 2025.

The Home Office refused to answer The Independent’s questions on what portion of the contract covers barges, and parts of official documents headed “pricing details” have been redacted in full because of “commercial interests”.

Stuff like this really doesn't help those wanting to make a serious argument.
to be fair youve not done much research either

given that there is a newspaper article stating £1.6b its not entirely fake news

you could argue its for "barges and accomodation" -but where are they exactly?

Sunak awarded £1.6b barges contract to CTM without any tender process

The Independent newspaper have seen the contract for the rental which they reported as £300K per week.

who is that contract between?

If UK govt have given the contract to CTM then I presume that £300k per week is the cost that CTM are paying to its supplier

apparently the UK govt are paying £1.6b to CTM -and given there is only one barge, we will have to assume thats what the money is being used for.

Sponsored Links
Back