Big build up in pressure and noise from boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When ever i turn heating on after about 30 seconds the pressure doubles and there are really loud noises coming from the boiler where the water heats up. the boiler in question is a glowworm swiftflow. any ideas what the problem could be? thanks for taking time to read my problems =P

Sponsored Links
forgot to mention we had a burst pipe but that was repaired and the system was bled for air yesterday and heating worked fine all day, until tried to turn it on this morning.

does the heating actually work, ie get hot.

sounds like you have a airlock , maybe in the pump, the air may have settled overnight.

does the boiler make boiling, thumping and hissing noises?

try bleeding the pump with the system off, you should get air coming out then some water.

im guessing its a sealed system, so the pressure should be around 1-1.5bar, cold idle.

pressure jumps could also be a fault with the expansion vessle.

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if the expansion vessel is failed or depressurised.

What kind of person repaired a burst pipe without checking it fired and warmed the system without seeing that fault?

If he is competent call him back but you might be able to sort it out yourself with help of the FAQ on this site.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back