Big muddy hole - Part 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In part 1 I mentioned I had water filing a hole I had dug in the basement. We believe the source of it to be from cracks and holes around our neighbours front door step and the guttering. (See photo)

My neighbour has seen the problem and provisionally agreed to remedy the fault. However the possible source of our problem has caused tension with in the family as my father in law has collected his tools and walked off the job just because we would not bully our neighbours in to letting him go ahead and make the repairs as we were concerned about liability if he just went ahead and did it. (The full story of this will be related later when the project is completed)

We know the job needs doing and I intend to use gentle persuasion and I have also said to them I am willing to fully assist them with the repair.
Apart from this do you have any good recomendations on how to chivvy my neighbour along......

Sponsored Links
Can you prove your neighbour is at fault?
If so mentioning legal action might speed them up.
Offering to repair it yourself may be quicker and might help keep relations (not the father-in-law type).
If they dispute they are causing the problem these things can often become messy and drawn out, often costing a lot of money and causing a lot of unnecessary stress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back