Bike Crash

Sponsored Links
Couldn't resist that one. ;)

Seriosly, I suppose there could be an argument that if the biker in the film was within the speed limit, not only would he have a chance of being seen, but his chances of surviving any accident would have been greater.

Also, whilst it's a good idea that bikers keep their lights on during the day to increase visibility, more cars seem to be being produced these days with day-running lights. This tends to cancel out any advantage for bikers

What about bikes having flashing coloured LED lights fitted to them?
Though not totally foolproof much more likely to be seen and noticed.

Sponsored Links
Bike headlamps are on permanently these days, most powerful machines have ABS and traction control as standard - plus tyres and brakes that have incredible performance.
None of this matters a stuff when you are booling along at speeds like that!
Self preservation at the end of the day.
John :)

There's certainly a fair amount of 'driving etiquette' (or lack of it) around us all of the time - bikers or otherwise.
Probably my pet motoring hate of the day is the volume of people (notably young females) texting as they drive.....presumably as a result of the need to have a mobile phone permanently attached to a person courtesy of the requirement to liaise with social media.
Now that does get me mad.
John :)

This is why bikes have to drive defensibly..........

Fault at my end, but can't see the link, so apologies if I'm repeating what is contained within it.

I can't remember when and where I heard it, but the following is good advice for all road users, and especially those without the benefit of a metal protective box around them.

All other road users:

- haven't seen you;
- are incompetent;
- are just about to do something stupid.

Sponsored Links
Back