Bio-Gas production at home

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have looked thru' various topics on this site, has anybody seen anything relating to DIY bio-gas in UK?

There are loads of sites, mostly foreign, showing completed projects or vaguely running thru' construction of such projects for biogas chambers to make gas which you can then use for home, heating or cooking . I have never come across a site as yet that carries out a project from scratch, showing in great detail the parts, where they can be purchased from with rough costs and detailed construction. Then there is the problem of siting this contraption on your property and connecting it up. Are there are particular regulations you must apply by law?? How does the gas get from the chamber into your house, nobody ever mentions flash back arrestors, the size of jet you would need in the burner, gas pressures, cleaning the gas before burning. I could go on. For some reason in the UK it isn't a hot topic. Can't think why.
However I am seriously thinking about making such a device and if there are any folk in the UK who have had a go, know any regs that may apply and have any other advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I recently viewed on you-Tube a project by some French inventor called Jean Pain. Since then I have been converted. I just wish I had access to more detailed info.

If you are lucky enough to live on a large piece of land then it's certainly worth considering.

Sponsored Links
the lack off response or net content would suggest heavy regulation making it not viable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back