Birds

H

herebriefly

Has anyone seen a swift or swallow yet?

In South Beds, Ive still not seen either and for me, thats a 1st so far into 'spring'. I was asking some guys at the festive board last night, and nobody has seen them either.... yet.

David.

Sponsored Links
I saw 3 swallows last week, at least I think thats what they were. They were flying high, very fast, going round in circles. They had those split tail things what swallows have.
Does that sound like swallows to you birdwatchers.

1 swallow doesnt make a summer, (but it sure does make a good night out even better)

No but I have seen a squirrel eating all the nuts! So I put the feeder on the washing line. Solution? Squirrel shimmies along washing line!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Watching four swifts flying roun the valley at back of house at the momment. seen the first last monday/tuesday.

Not seen a single swallow anywhere this year maybe the gloomy outlook is keeping them away.

We're on a different part of the planet here but I saw the first swallows for this year out chasing insects tonight.Normaly on sunset the swallows are out feeding until dark and then the bats come out but it has been so cold and wet here WE :rolleyes: haven't been out .

Ther abit scarce round my way aswell and that goes for starlings and pigeons ladybirds etc. is there something killing them off or are they all emigrating to spain :confused: :LOL:

i saw my first swift of the year last monday!.....i've also got sparrows nesting in my eaves....and they are very...very noisy!!!

They must be down here in sunny Devon,there must be at least twenty swallows returned to the factory where i work,but i have only seen a couple of swifts around, no house martins and I haven't heard the cuckoo in years.

You're not looking for them through a telescopic sight Newgas are you ? ;)

funny enough after reading this thread last night,
lo and behold,on a scaffold today ans a swallow decided to have a rest on it.
then out on the golf course this evening and heard swifts over head,
YIPPEE SUMMERS HEAR.

oh and have been hearing cuckoos for the last few weeks.

There's been Swallows here in Midlothian for weeks. I've been parking my car outside since they arrived, because it gets covered in bird pooo when they nest. I saw a sparrowhawk chasing them into the shed yesterday morning.

Sponsored Links
Back