Bl**dy Voicemail, Answering machines etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody ever noticed nobody is ever around or available when you want them nowadays?

Everytime you want to get hold of somebody depending whether you ring them on their mobile or house or workplace phone its either Voicemail, their phone is switched off or it's a tape that comes on.

My father always has the same problem and sometimes it really p****s him and myself off.

Sponsored Links
Hello, thank you for your post. Unfortunately there is nobody available to read your rant at the present time, please try again later.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hey, I thought we weren't allowed rude words? How come he can declare himself to be a hero of the erm...

Reminds of "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back": I am the ....-Commander!

i dont use the answerphone on my mobile. house phone has 1. and the stupidest part of it is if you miss a call and you hear the person, after they hang up it says 'thank you for calling'. as if the person who phoned is gonna hear it

Sponsored Links
thankyou for your post.
if you want to complain press 1
if you wish to speak to a mod press 2
if you wish to remove your membership press 3
if you wish to end up in a row with slogger/kendor/oilman/freddie etc press 4
if you wish to spend the time going around in endless circles tryng to speak to someone real, but never actually getting there press 5
if you wish to be put through to someone in a call centre in a nother part of the country who doesnt give a damn about your call and will be filing their nails while you yabba on press 6
if you wish to end up speaking to a very pleasant man in a nother call centre in another country who tries to kid you hes very very british sir, how is your coronation street tonight by the way sir, but actually cant help you, no matter how hard he tries press 7

to give up press 8 :LOL:

BEEP... 'The other person has cleared'... BEEP... 'the other person has cleared'...BEEP... 'the other person has cleared'... BEEP... 'the other person has cleared'.........................................................

What really irritates me is when the woman says "you have reached the voicemail answering service for 0 7 7 8 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 . please leave a message after the tone". It takes so long for her to read the number!

Once the voicemail picks up, you are dumped a minimum call charge, often a minute charge, sometimes up to 40p. I notice several operators are now changing the voicemail system to ring a high pitched ring to the caller before it picks us and thus starts charging, giving the caller the option to leave a message or not.

EDIT mobile number changed to a seemingly impossible one.

if you wish to end up in a row with slogger/kendor/oilman/freddie etc press 4

These usually happen only because Freddie can't accept he's wrong, and then gets abusive. I may not agree with posts, but others are unlikely to get a row. They are available at extra cost. If you wish to leave a message please press 1, or just hang up.

crafty1289 said:
What really irritates me is when the woman says "you have reached the voicemail answering service for 0 7 7 8 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 . please leave a message after the tone". It takes so long for her to read the number!

****! youve found me!

crafty1289 said:
securespark said:
That's a real mobile number. Be careful!!!
did you try it?

Yes!!

And your replacement is too!!

Your better sticking to 07899 XXX XXX (But then X=9 so we're back to Sq.1......)

BTW Some mobile numbers go for silly money on e-bay -

07*** 888 861 is currently 265 quid.

crafty1289 said:

That's not the worst bit. The worst bit is when you think you are finally able to start your message, she pausese for a while... then says "If you wish to rerecord your message, please press 1".

Didn't know they charged big rate for leaving messages, I thought they made their money by charging you to pick your messages up even when you get 4 million free minutes per month?

Call me cynical, but every time I disable my "three" voicemail it mysteriously reactivates itself within a couple of weeks... I only find out when I've been left a message. Sucks to that, I'll just ring back the MISSED CALL number that's right there on the phone!!! :LOL:

Incidentally, there was talk of a "ringing tone" service a while back. No, not the "Crazy Frog" that makes you reconsider your stance on smacking children, I mean the tone someone hears when THEY ring YOU! But, they decided people would get confused or not realise the call was going through. Plus they no doubt realised far too many people would get punched in the face by their own friends for having the "crazy Frog" a-ring-ding-dinging at them. Still, it might discourage those morons who try and interest me in a "free upgrade" all the time. :LOL:

securespark said:
07*** 888 861 is currently 265 quid.

I've still got the simcard for 07*** 996 966.

(hint: try reading the last six digits upside down!)

Totally random number, came with a pay-as-you-blow phone.

Sponsored Links
Back