black cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just laid a black slate patio and would like to grout/joint the gaps with black cement
1 can you buy black cement
2 if not do i have to mix wit a dye etc

any imfo would be greatfull

Sponsored Links
You can get black cement dye that you put in when mixing

You can get black dye in Wickes for £7.09.
I have used the red for pointing a wall, it worked quite well but I didn't need vast amounts, test out with a small amount of cement and a teaspoon of dye first.
Regards,
footprints

Sponsored Links
Is it definately slate and not black limestone?

Be aware that black limestone will fade to a mid-dark grey so if you want to keep the dark black colour you will need to seal it.

As for pointing be careful as its very hard to get cement stains off limestone and you can't use acid on it to clean stains off.

If it is slate then there's less to worry about as it won't fade the same way and you can usually use acid safely if there are mortar stains.

Black dye is very ineffective on paving pointing and will fade quickly. You can get resin based mortars which will stay black and are applied as a slurry but they are very expensive relative to sand and cement. probably a 40 quid bag covers about 10-15 sq/m

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back