Black Live wires

DavieGarden. I appreciate your help, but you have made an assumption.

Thanks securespark.

Now back to the subject.

Breezer tells me that l1 and l2 make no difference. So on the instructions from this site, I connected main live and yellow (from 3 core) to l1.

red from 3 core and red to lights to common. I understand that this works as the activation, i.e switch on - power feeds from l1 through to common and then therefore to light. Have tested this also. Not too sure on what l2 does and how it works.

At this point, I can activate lights from either switch, but where I switch it on from, that is where I must switch it off from.

Finally, I connect the blue to the black (black original - which I think turns to live) in l2. This is where I have blown one dimmer. I looked inside the actual switch and it was burn't out. The switch however works, but the dimmer part does not. This is the concerning part.

What say U?

Thanks in advance for all your help guys.

Sponsored Links
and the answer is.................

the one you have in the C terminal isnt common

2x2way_lights.gif

as you can see C is common between L1 and L2 when you press the switch it changes connection between L1 and L2

you see the red coming from the light that goes to L1 that you have right (maybe)

now you see the black from the light (with red tag) that goes to L2 which is right, now draw it your self, but instead of putting the black (with red tag) onto L2 put it on the common.

it creates what you have, so the one you are using for common can not be common, or you have "the black with red tag" (its actually a switch wire) connected to the wrong one.

it must be changing over some where, find that and your problem will be solved

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back